Thursday, December 17, 2009

cranberry and white chocolate scones

I had these first at a Christmas party and could not believe how moist and delicious they were.  Then today, I made these for breakfast.  They disappeared fast!  I think I found my scone recipe.  My other one was pretty sweet.  These are just right.  Perfect for a festive Christmas breakfast.



Cranberry and White Chocolate Scones 

adapted from  http://www.recipezaar.com





Makes 8 large scones or 16 small ones
-----------------------------
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2.  Blend together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter.
  3. Add the half and half, beaten egg, cranberries, and the white chocolate, and stir until the dough holds together.
  4. Turn out onto a lightly floured board 
  5. Pat and form into a 1/2-inch thick round, then cut the round into 8 wedges (or 16)
  6. Oil a cookie sheet and gently transfer the wedges with a spatula.
  7. Bake 400 degrees F for 14 minutes 




http://dailybreadkitchen.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment